Monday, September 19, 2011

Winter is on it's way....seasonal depression.



My favorite trees are losing their leaves. You know what that means? Winter is on it's way people. At the end of every gorgeous summer in Alaska, I have a mini pity party for myself. Its a season of great beauty here, yellows and reds and sage greens and greys of many colors. The weather is cool and refreshing and the skies are usually quite clear. But alas, it signifies the coming cold and the seemingly endless winter. Don't get me wrong, winter is amazing and we Alaskans have fun times in the winter. It's the time of sledding, skiing, snow-machining, and more. It's also a return to the darkness. The darkness is a treat in the beginning. Unless you live in the far north you may not know what it is like to spend an entire summer without stars, and sunsets. The summer sun is amazing, the amount of things you can accomplish in the summer months is astounding. But this leaves you feeling a little tire, and worn out. Maybe that is why the end of summer depression hits me so hard. To much to do, to little time all summer! Run, run, run,go, go, go! Autumn hits and I crash. Looking forward to the end of my pity party and the return of the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment