Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New blogging purpose.

I've been thinking about this for months and now I've decided to blog my thoughts and opinions rather than post them to facebook. I'm pretty sure there are very few of my facebook friends who care about my midwifery education, my political view points or my theology. I really think that God is doing somethings in me that are causing me to be more vocal and it really does help me in my walk to speak my mind on things I believe in. I don't want to run the risk of alienating people who are family, friends and acquaintances but I do feel the need for an outlet. Lets face it, facebook should not be my pulpit for every cause and every thought that I have. Not every person I went to grade school, long lost auntie or friend from church really wants to know every detail of my inner personality and my faith as I walk it out. However there are many people who will identify and find encouragement from reading a blog entry of a stranger going through a similar thing. If you want a raw picture of me, go ahead and follow me on my blog. I will respect your opinions if you choose to share them with me on my blog even if they are contrary to mine. It has been spoken about me many times in my life that I "wear my heart on my sleeve" I want to continue to be open and to do that. I think my blog will be a better place for it. If you want to hear what I think and have to say, read my blog. If not, I'll be sharing photos, videos, prayer requests and cute stories and quotes on facebook in a more limited traditional facebookie sort of way. I will sometimes post a link to a blog update on facebook just to let you know I've posted. Feel free to read it or to not. Blessings friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment