Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thrifters Rock

Every Tuesday, I take my oldest daughter, Tayda, to Palmer for violin lessons. Palmer is a cute little historic farming town about 10 miles from Wasilla. Palmer is ALWAYS windy, and I don't mean a light breeze, I mean WINDY. I believe the wind has something to do with the glacier. The wind this week was actually warmer than last, which I am truly thankful for. No offense to my Palmer friends, but I can barely handle the occasional Wasilla wind so....your wind would probably blow me away! Tee hee :)

I always enjoy the special Mother/Daughter time Tayda and I get on Tuesdays and this week on our way home we spotted a new thrift store. In the past we have often frequented Bishops Attic or Salvation Army on our way home, this week we decided to check out the new shop. Thrifters Rock, which happens to be run by Church On The Rock (hence the name) is located on the Palmer/Wasilla HWY and really does ROCK. They've set it up so cute inside. Great decor, nice music and no yucky thrift store scent. It seemed more like a boutique than a thrift store, which I can appreciate, since I happen to be a thrift store "picker". At Thrifters Rock, I didn't find any wool sweaters, antiques or retro finds, so it wasn't such a great place to shop for 49th Find or MoRockin Creations. It was a great place to shop for the Morock Family as they have a lot of used Christian books, homeschool books, fabric and other goodies I could actually use and am in need of. I ended up with 3 pairs of pants for the hubby, this man is a 32x34, I RARELY find anything in his size never mind his style. I got a complete set of Abeka US History books for the boys for next year for only 5.00. Teachers manual, test books and work books! Our homeschooling organization will not pay for faith based curriculum, and I can't afford to supplement their materials so this was a great find for me. I also found the sheet music for Only Hope by Switchfoot, which made my younger daughter, Bug, very happy. A couple of books for the boys and a beautiful flannel for me and everyone got a little something. I know the $ goes toward a good cause too, which is always the "cherry on top" for me in choosing where I "pick" and shop.

All in all, I highly recommend Thrifters Rock, but don't forget to bring your cash or checkbooks...you will find something to buy and they DON'T have a credit card machine (I had to drive back to Palmer and find an ATM).

No comments:

Post a Comment